PCUAE MANAGER CHANGELOG
- New cover images for infoslots for favorites 1-10 has been added.
- A genric infoslot cover is available for other views, one for C64 and one for Vic-20. Changing the system model in the system settings will switch between them.
- New menu option: File/Preferences. It is now possible to configure if checks for new versions of the manager and the main PCUAE install shall be done at startup. You can also configure how many favorites views you want to use (1 – 10) and how an infoslot is generated for a gamelist view.
- Upgrade of logback to version 1.2.10 to avoid CVE-2021-42550
Bug fixes and minor improvements:
- REU flags are set properly when launching a game in VICE from the manager. Sonic runs properly now.
- Support for adding d81 and d82 files to the game field. Dropping a d81 file on the file field was not allowed before.
- Fix how the file ending is identified when adding a game, takes last index of “.” instead of first. This caused some problems with file names containing “.” in the name.
- Better feedback when importing/exporting games. Feedback in the export/import dialogs where only published once a task was completed. Now the updates are much more frequent and feels much better if the USB stick you export to or import from is slow.
- Info slots for a specific view where shown for other views in some circumstances.
- Info slots are deleted when a gamelist view is deleted from the database.
- Creation of info slots: New menu item for adding an info slot for the current game view. An info slot is like a title for a Carousel. Info slots are only shown for the view they are created for. It is possible to choose if the gamelist name shall be added as an overlay to the screenshot when adding a new screenshot. Default cover/screenshots are used, they can be edited just like any other game entry.
- A check for a newer version of the PCUAE main install is performed at startup.
- Support for mouse configuration for joystick ports that was added in the 1.6.1 firmware. A new checkbox is added to the joystick configuration panes for choosing mouse.
- A link to the PCUAE Wiki is available in the help menu
- When exporting or importing games or saved states a check is done if a PCUAE USB is currently available on any drive. The import/export dir is chosen automatically if a USB is available.
- Generated .tsg files always use UTF-8 character encoding. Fixes a problem where texts where shown incorrectly in the carousel for specific languages.
- Database validation. The “Convert screens…” and “Check descriptions…” menu items in the tools menu has been replaced by “Validate database…”. It will run both checks and an additional check for missing covers, screenshots and game files in the folders on disk, replacing missing ones with a genric image. This is useful to make sure there are no errors when exporting games and that the database points to existing files on disk. If a game file is missing on disk a generic Vice snapshot showing a “game file missing” message is copied to the games folder.
- The cover image is shown properly, it was missing 2 pixels to the right when shown in the manager.
- Improved file name generation and handling of duplicate titles. Generated file names for covers, screens and game files is improved to consider more characters to avoid that two games point to the same files. When adding a new game where the file names becomes equal to an existing game in the db an additional index is added to the file name as a suffix. File names are calculated when a game is saved and renamed for existing games if not matching the new rules.
PCU Game Manager is renamed to PCUAE Manager. The main exe file is also renamed from PCUGameManager.exe to PCUAEManager.exe.
- Installation of PCUAE and the different Mode packs. A new menu option “PCUAE” is available. The different install options in the menu automatically download the setup file and launches it from the manager.
- Automatic updates of the PCUAE manager. A check for new versions is perfomed everytime the manager is started. It will download a new version and launch an updater to eliminate the need to copy the exe file manually.
- New feature to swap the game file with the first saved state for a specific game to fix NTSC/PAL issues. Available in the tools menu. More information about this is available here.
- A saved state can be deleted, a delete button is available.
- Pressing F5 to refresh the manager also updates the saved states for the selected game.
- New image for saved states that are missing a screenshot